Monday, March 26, 2007

Worshipping the spider gods

Kat, who needs no introduction, tells me today that the Google bots are out and about, checking blogs for hits and traffic and lord knows what else they check for to determine ranking.

But her more exact words were, the spiders are crawling.

Which is really creepy, if you think about it for more than 10 seconds. There are virtual arachnids out there, crawling through your blog and my blog and blogspot blogs and maybe your hard drive.

Brrr.

She says it's a slow process, but it's one I am definitely waiting for with bated breath.

WILL I INCH UP TO THREE?

PLEASE OH PRETTY PLEASE?

DO YOU THINK THE SPIDERS WILL LOVE ME MORE IF I USE PRETTY COLOURS AND BIGGER FONT SIZE?

3 Comment:

masgblog said...

From what I've been reading, they luv links, and the more links in a post, the better.

Anonymous said...

I hear they LOVE beautiful colors, but huge fonts scare them away.

LOL!

I know about google bots crawling, but they crawl all the time, so I don't know what everyone's talking about when they say it will take a while, etc. When I went to my Google acct. today and read some stuff, it said that the bots crawl every few minutes. I know that they do, because on my dog forum the google bot is ALWAYS there! So, I dunno. Regardless, I hope you go up to a FOUR! :)

Kat said...

No, don't do that...LOL

What i mean when I say the spiders are crawling, is different from their minute crawls.
Theese crawls, determine link love, incoming and outgoing, who with a higher PR than you loves you the most.
Now if I had been able to link to ya more often, I would have. But we have that whole name thing going on. Who are you?
Latte girl? Or T?
If you're latte girl all the time, I can throw you love whenever I want. ;)