Saturday, January 27, 2007

Link love Saturday... bet you never expected this

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...it's all FUBAR now.

I've been reading Maru for about five years, maybe six.

If you love Dubya, stop reading this very instant.

I am serious. Dad, stop right about now.

I found Maru a zillion moons ago when a witty and weird mutual blogger, Kevin Parrott (who was also a guest blogger for me once) asked his readers to write Blogspot slogans on his site. My offerings ( I had three, I think) included "It was a good idea at the time."

I don't remember exactly what Maru's slogans were, but I do recall that they cracked me up, and that was all I needed to put her in my bookmarks lo those many years ago, when I had another blog (or two) before this one.


Herewith, select (recent) excerpts from the Queen of Black Helicopter sightings:
WARNING: LANGUAGE. AND BUSH.

Note: All misspellings are deliberate.

On the administration
A new way forrerd

AWOL war president's "bold" surge strategery: 19 US troops killed, in one of the worst days since the war began. Oh, and we see what you did there, Fuckface Q. Lieberman. Heckuva job, asstool. Feeling proud of yourself yet?

On Blogger
Dear Blogger,
It's not my HTML, it's your HTML. I know HTML, but I'm not going to comb through the garbage code this program generates looking for a tag that Blogger didn't close. Fucking forget that. Also: the "stop showing errors" command doesn't work, so every time I resubmit a post, I get the annoying-ass "tag is not closed" message again.

Grrr.

In addition to this insult, you were running like crap all day long yesterday. You blow goats. For a living.

On politics:
Dems to Awol McStupid: don't go there, fuckface.

Actual headline: 'Democrats warn Bush not to attack Iran'.
Boy, it's pretty fucking sad that with everything that's happened and is still happening, that little psycho pissant is actually thinking about it.

Over 3000 troops killed, countless maimed, hundreds of thousands of civilians dead, and he's worried about his legacy???? Fuck, dude, here's a hint - And do not get me started on the pathetic panderers of the press corpse. Shit, Stephen Colbert had it exactly right when he laid into you last year, didn't he? And nothing's changed. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Conservative cracklapper Hugh Hewitt defends the vice preznit: "I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question, Wolf. After all, it's not like she got a blowjob. -- "Dick ''go fuck yourself'' Cheney.

You see those stripey cats above?

That is the other Maru. The lady who also has a life of her own (although I have often wondered how she finds time to eat or sleep or do things with her SO) and takes pictures of her cats, landscapes, whatever seems to catch her fancy. I don't know if most of her pictures, such as this one
are hers. But she peppers her hot and spicy political polemic with these sweet, peaceful photos, which, overall, give me a glimpse at the whole person that is Maru.

I think.

I dunno. We shall see if she shows up, after all these years.

3 Comment:

Kate said...

That’s good readin’.

I had a glimmer of hope as early as last year that maybe – JUST MAYBE – ALL Americans were going to have to get a fucking clue about Bush when my relatively conservative Mother gave me a "Smush Bush" Doll. It’s very cathartic. Some days I wish it blew up, though.

Lulled into Peacefulness by the Old Farm Equipment Blanketed in Snow,
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage

maru said...

wow -thanks so much!!

maru

lattégirl said...

LOL @ the lulled Kate.

Ooh. Maru appeared! OK, I admit, I warned her a few hours before posting this. Curiosity lured her here. :)

I am starting to wonder if this Saturday link love thing can be turned into a celebrity roast of sorts.