LAST ROM POST EVER!
Okay, not forever. I just wish it was. I guess this won't be the last bleat about my poor, deluded roommate until after the funeral.
I've shortened my wager to 3 months, dudes.
She's seriously into the food, now. I pressed a neighbour into service (for his usual return-trip fee of $20, the cheap bastard) and got some groceries.
I have hardly the heart (haha!) to enumerate her list here, but let's just say it included:
- cream-filled croissants (1 dozen)
- Xtreme fat yogourt
- dark chocolate nougat bars
Poison! Says the artist. ---------------------------->
I've shortened my wager to 3 months, dudes.
She's seriously into the food, now. I pressed a neighbour into service (for his usual return-trip fee of $20, the cheap bastard) and got some groceries.
I have hardly the heart (haha!) to enumerate her list here, but let's just say it included:
- cream-filled croissants (1 dozen)
- Xtreme fat yogourt
- dark chocolate nougat bars
Poison! Says the artist. ---------------------------->OK, so I didn't get the Mars bars, and I also got some fresh figs and dried prunes and other goodies laden with nutrients and potassium and stuff that is good for her.
Even if she finds this blog, which heaven knows she will one day, she'll know that I care for her and try to keep her healthy-ish.
In spite of her saying, and I quote, "God, I'm happy to be smoking again."
Onto other topics that occurred to me today:
I was idly perusing the PayPerPost site last evening and lamenting the lack of well-paying opportunities, when it occurred to me (and I wrote this to Kat today, who then laughed at me) that I had about $200 worth of actual paying work sitting in my inbox from a client.
DUH. Blonde moment!
But also: It occurred to me, later in the day, that the work I do for PPP can be used for a vacation this coming summer. Back to PEI, baybees. That's where I want to go.
And: a common house fly has been dive-bombing us for two nights now. Right now, the creep is in my room, stupidly attracted to the zillion lit candles. Why can't he make like a moth and just fly straight into the flame, thus leaving me the hell alone?! I have spent precious minutes swiping at him with my electrified bug-killing raquet, to no avail. I think the battery is too weak to fry him properly.
Problem is, every time I stand up to whack him, he lands between two logs in the wall. (We are so rustic. The walls are logs.) And as soon as I sit down, he starts bouncing around again.
This is country-style aerobics. Up and down and UP and down and SWIPE and drop.... and SWIPE! Mm you GIRL! GO! And oomph and UP..."Lastly, my final comment for the day:
This one is personal (as if all the preceding weren't).
I find new blogs I love instantly every week. Sometimes, those lovely people come here and comment. Sometimes they comment regularly (you know who you are, dear ladies) and sometimes they ignore me for ages. (You have no idea who you are because you never visit, you wenches!)
I just want to remind ya'll never to forget the oldies and goodies on your blogrolls in the excitement of finding the new reads. I have my original blogroll committed to memory and although new sites are getting mixed in, I visit my old loves daily or several times weekly, at the very least. There are reasons to drop blogs that no longer interest. But I am not one of them, darlings, admit it.
And when I write a PPP post, and if you find it interesting, link to it or click on a link I provide. I'd like the advertisers who pay for my posts to know I generated a least a little bit of interest.
(Mind you, with a mere 30 minutes to skim the advertiser's site, grab and copy the link and photos, etc., I don't always feel that I've done justice to the content. But I usually go back and revise, so if you think anything is worth clicking on, do it for the advertiser, and do it for me. Mostly for me.)
Thank you.
And just to remind you who my readership is, I have some really drop-dead handsome men in my coterie, OK?
'E's got that manly chin, yes m'dear, 'e does.FLY UPDATE: The cats got him. One of the kitties (Mikey, the hunter) was gunning for jumping up on the dresser full of lit candles. But Cootie got the filthy-footed flying maggot in the end.



10 Comment:
She smokes too? Omg. Well, at least my father doesn't do that - but I did have to help him grocery shop today. His list started with pecan pie, a half gallon of Death-By-Chocolate ice cream, and 4 1 lb chocolate bars...
I could be going to PEI this summer too! :) My friends and I have decided to photograph lighthouses this summer so it's a possibility.
There was a fly in my room for the past week, and I finally squashed him. The thing was, I coud hear him for 7 days, but never once saw the little bugger. Sneaky...
You actually have an hour to complete the opps. They posted an official time for us today on the message board. I should have told you right then but I was sleepy. Sorry. :(
Oh yeah, send me your affiliate link code so I can go fix your link in your sidebar. As well as the fuel my blog one. :)
Whooo. An hour. I would think that would improve my content. Thank you, darlink.
Just happened upon your blog via comments on Paige's. Viva the blog links on my regularly-read blogs!
super size her eh? 3 months is probably a good guess...you can always keep on trying with the good eats...
OMG, aside from the totally ignorant eating habits of ROM (and the smoking, of course *icky poo poo* [I can say that cuz I used to smoke]), I thought this post was HI-larious! And YAY for Cootie! Flies suck and pets rock!
Everyone's a dude, dude.
Of course they are.
too funny....he looks like one of The Incredibles characters
Post a Comment