Critters
Something was in the attic at 5:30 AM today, making quite a lot of noise. Someone I know out there will agree that it is just a wee bit unnerving to hear the scritching and scratching. Except this thing -- probably a squirrel -- sounded like it was trying to gnaw its way through the trapdoor.
I suppose I'll have to investigate. Some day. Soon.
Permission to preface what follows with a sigh? ::sigh:: I prepared a plate of food for rom last night and found it, untouched, in the fridge this morning. Meanwhile, a dent was made in the angel food cake.
I woke up in a hopeful mood, thinking it was Friday, but alas, it was not. The Teen was his usual passive-aggressive self, saying nary a word before leaving for school. I don't know what's wrong with him lately. He nods at me instead of actually speaking.
They can get away with this on TV and in the movies. Ever notice how they do that, just nod at someone instead of saying "thanks" or "see ya" ? I have often wished we could be so succinct in real life.
My Teen has achieved this dubious state in his communications. When he walked in the door yesterday, I greeted him with a sunny hello. And he nodded. Just once.
He turned to shut the door and I said, "Hello!? Would a smile and a 'hi' be too much to ask?"
So he gave me this patently forced smile -- one of those fake-o nano-second smiles that they also get away with on TV -- and went upstairs without another word.
I don't know what's bothering him (other than the fact that he hates living here and was spurned by the girl of his dreams, has no car of his own and is bored stiff with country life). Other than that, really, he's a conundrum.
I just leave him be. No use getting riled up.



6 Comment:
number 1 - get the angel food cake and assorted baddies OUT of the house. Can't eat it if it isn't there...
as for the Teen, well, that could be any number of reasons why he is the way that he is. That's for him to know I guess, and for you to figure out. It's like a new game.
No no! Not the dreaded critters in the attic! Our little critter came back once, and we haven't heard from it since. Maybe it's dead up there for all we know.
http://masgblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/all-over-my-head.html
I agree, get all the bad foods out of the house or lock them up somewhere where she has no access. No foods to eat, she can't eat them.
As for teen son, they all are like that.
Kat
Ah... if it were only that simple to get bad food out of the house. It will just force her to get more creative in hiding her stash - like say, I don't know... M&Ms in vitamin bottles, perhaps?
As for the teen - well, in our family we'd just pester you to death until you change your attitude... what can I say? It works for us.
Aren't teenagers fun? *smirk*
He needs to see a good movie. =)
We had 3 or 4 critters DIE in our walls in our old house. I am praying hard that nothing gets in there between now and when we close. The smell....
I agree with everyone else - no bad food in the house if rom can't resist!
Post a Comment