Friday, May 11, 2007

Church bells


I live near a church again, so I hear the bells go off at various times of the morning, presumably calling the faithful to services. For the longest time, I hated those bells because we lived in between two churches and the sound was loud and in stereo!

The bells remind me of conversations I had with ex-neighbour C about certain parables - well, one in particular. When she asked me if I had a bible at hand, I remembered that rom's father had two Catholic bibles - one in German, one in English.

So I looked up the passage in the English King James version and we had an interesting little discussion about good deeds and charity. C. simply wanted me to confirm how she understood the passage, and we came to an agreement on the meaning.

I won't even tell you why we were discussing this, you'll just have to trust me that it was very germane to my living situation at the time.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you've gone and made me all curious and everything. Remember I'm a pastor's kid - someone mentions a biblical discussion and I'm like Pavlov's dog...