Thursday, May 10, 2007

And now I'm deaf, too

Holy busted eardrum! I just got off the phone with x-neighbour C, who shouts so loud on the phone that my son can hear every word from clear across the room.

When I finished our call, my ear was ringing.

Some days I don't answer the phone at all, but I always take her calls because if I don't, she starts to believe I'm avoiding her or mad at her. Even if there's no reason to think that!

Unfortunately, I am not deaf enough yet to be able to ignore the ongoing motor noises created by the man in the motel directly across from me. I don't know what the heck he's puttering with over there, but he uses power tools frequently.

And I hate the sound of saws, drills, sanders and lawnmowers.

Am supposed to shop for blinds this afternoon, guess I'd better eat something before we go. Some days I am just not inspired when it comes to food.

Blech.

5 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Having sensitive hearing, I can understand how you feel. Tonight I will be going out with my friend and she talks very loudly when we are in the car and it, literally, makes me cringe.

I *hate* the sound of power tools, lawnmowers, whatever. I cannot stand it.

Laura Brown said...

I don't have sensitive hearing just weird. At least it must be cause no one else seems to have the same problem. I can't hear someone talking to me if there are other noises around. I have gotten into endless trouble cause I just smile and nod and pretend I can hear them. I have no idea what I'm agreeing to until later when they are leading me away somewhere or asking if I want fries with that.

masgblog said...

Noisy outdoor tools are a pain the bwaaaah. I especially detest leaf blowers and power washers. Both of those should be outlawed. They serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

Anyway, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

p.s. yes, Blake should have gone home....yay Dionne gone too...stay tuned eh?

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you weren't visiting me this last week then. Hubs was working on the room upstairs for days on end - power saw, hammering, loud music and all! It was enough to make me run away from home. Except the room is totally looking kick ass, so I guess it was worth it. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is why I don't miss the city at all! Our old neighbor Biff, used power tools every single day. Usually a pressure washer. Or a leaf blower, year-round. I wanted to shove it in his ass!

All I hear is the birds chirping. Oh and yesterday I heard my leaf blower, made me a little nostalgic!