Wednesday, March 28, 2007

We are all kinds of moms

When I find a new blog, I do it one of several ways:

by aimlessly hitting “Next Blog” on blogspot;
by aimlessly clicking on an amusing name in someone’s blogroll;
by getting sidetracked during Google searches;
and, more recently, by perusing the boards at PayPerPost, catching that certain “tone” in peoples’ comments, and then going to see their blogs.

There is another aspect of PPP, however, that I have just started (like, today), and that is more serious link love.

Ya’ll old readers know that up until lately, I was doing link love for fun, not for profit, but now I’ve begun doing it for the same-old same-old reasons as everyone else.

I can’t say with any certainty that I will regularly read every blog I link to in these cases; nor would I expect them to come back here out of interest once they’ve done the LL thang.

But one new read in the PPP category is a definite keeper, and it’s called Where’s Mommy’s Prozac?

There is something in her writing (good) and her tone (true, open, witty) that appealed to me right away. She sounds like a lovely, complex human being. I went through a good dozen posts to get an idea of this married mom, till I came to the one she wrote in memory of her brother who died tragically 17 years ago, and I had tears in my eyes.

Nice writing, dear lady.

4 Comment:

Laura Brown said...

Hope you're feeling ok and the move is going well.

I only link to people with blogs I actually go back to read. Not daily but at least now and then. I'm getting fed up with the monetized blogs. If I wanted to be spammed I could read a magazine or watch TV. Or just answer the phone lately. :( Some of them have no content or they steal content from other blogs. It's irking me greatly cause quite often it's my content that turns up borrowed.

Anonymous said...

I read that post of hers the other day myself. It was extremely touching, as you said. It resonated deeply with me.

Yay for Linky Love! ;)

lattégirl said...

Laura, well then you been spammed. I'm monetized -- but in my defense, I try to put ALOT of myself into each and every paid post.

Kat said...

You can't really call LL spam. You may go read that blog and love it.
I LL blogs I love, blogs I find that even just one post made me laugh, cry or giggle.
All well worth my time. So no, LL posts are not spam, they are a great way to get the word out on a blogger that anyone who reads the post, my end up loving to pieces.