Monday, November 13, 2006

THIS JUST IN!

Maybe it was luck* that led me to http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/ this blog yesterday. IT IS FILLED WITH CHOCOLATE. The first photo is a large pile of slabs of chunks of crunchy-pieces-laden chocolate, enough to last me a year. Or a few months. And if you scroll down a bit, you'll see HAUTE COUTURE MADE OF CHOCOLATE. Some really incredible gowns -- one of which I'd wear in a heartbeat. Plus, the blog owner is an artist. Look at her watercolours. Verimente bellissima.
*but it was the universe. The universe wants me to eat chocolate.

Come, my little chickadees
Because nobody seems to have discovered the upstairs bird feeder since I put it up on Saturday - even though those plump, noisy, beautiful blue jays are scarfing up the chipmunk food down on the ground - I went out and spread some sunflower seeds along the railing and outer edge of the deck.

And who came by, 10 minutes later? The cutest of all winter birds, a chickadee. I wish we had grosbeaks here, too. They're even more adorable.

I expect the cats will be jostling for space behind the laptop (hmmm... I calculate room for two; three, if they knock down the plants) and all of us will be in for a spectacle in the coming months.


DAILY WRAPUP

For those (DJ), who've been following the saga of Christina, the moochers finally moved out (two weekends ago, I think it was) and the slut girlfriend has FORBIDDEN Christina's son from going to the house to visit (or have his midday lunch during the workweek, as he once did). Christina's happy to have her space back, though.

And, finally, we've found a steady ride to school for the Teen. A student who lives 3 minutes away from here and also attends classes picks him up and brings him home. I pay for gas. Unfortunately, this perfect arrangement ends just before Christmas, when the student (who is clean-cut, handsome, neatly dressed and polite) finishes his course. ::SOB!::

Until then, things are stable, so I can worry about that later.

And this concludes the blogging day.

8 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a great site? I found that one a couple of weeks ago, and it has some pretty amazing pictures.....a lot less fattening too!

Anonymous said...

*wiping drool from chin* Oh.My.God. It's a good thing I wasn't at that show in person. I'd either be in jail or a psych ward somewhere. lol Most of it looked too pretty to eat, but I know I'd find a way around that. ;)

Your chickadee is totally adorable in all its lovely roundness. I want to be a bird in my next life. :)

Anonymous said...

Chickadee, chickadee, chocolate talks to me.

Oh that was Carly on "General Hospital," being shoved into the GUTTER of irrelevance.

lattégirl said...

I did not take that picture of the chickadee. Have yet to get close enough to get such a perfect capture.

Me, I'm coming back as a CAT.

Anonymous said...

Ok, well in that case, let's make a pact right now that if we end up living in close proximity of one another in our next life, you will NOT chase me down and gobble me up!!

Good news about the ride to school thing! Yay! At least you have a reprieve from worrying about it, and probably by the end of December you will have found another great solution for the Teen! :)

Kate said...

In My Former Life™ at the House That Was to Be Mine™, we had a wonderful deck with a huge sliding glass door (and a beautiful view of the mountains if you ignored the very corner of your left-hand peripheral vision so you could block out the 7-11).

Off of the eaves and upon this huge tree that had branches overhanging the balcony, I had four (maybe it was five?) bird feeders and a DOUBLE-sided suet holder. I also used to sprinkle sunflower seeds on the railing. I was mocked for all of this – oh YES, but it was worth it. Blue jays are, indeed, BIG PIGS. They tried to monopolize my bird feeder world, and they were MEAN about it (even to each other). But, very cleverly, the fact that I had so MANY feeders meant that we still got Mountain Chickadees. They are my MOSTEST, BESTEST favourites. I tell you, bird feeders and big windows make for the best “Kitty TV” ever.

We also had what my friend, a former amateur ornithologist (which impressive status on his “watch list” or whatever that thingy is called), said that the most of the other birds were SBB’s. I thought this was MOST scientific until he explained that it meant “Small Brown Bird.”

OH – and I had the BEST hummingbird nectar “sculpture.” It formed of curled brass wire and little coloured glass orbs. Then it had these test tubes attachments (that looked like flowers) for the nectar. I just stuck it in a large flowerpot (holding my MEGA-mint mix, I think) and then came the hummingbirds. I found it the other day (when I was, naturally, looking for SOMETHING ELSE). It's broken.

OH – and the robins in spring…. Sigh.

I suppose the only really STRONG objection to the set-up was that when I was sweeping up any huge mess I’d made with the bird seed (I’d hurl what I swept down into the garden or on the lawn when I was done), many wee seeds would find their way through the cracks in the deck down to the patio below (with the hanging swing and the BIG ash tray – translation = huge flower pot full of sand – I’m crafty) and was rather disturbing to anyone who was relaxing down there. It was also amusing…

Bleh,
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage

P.S. Perhaps I'll just zip on up after Christmas in my fuel-efficient Opal Metallic Silver Blue Hybrid and drive the Teen to school. I am not clean-cut, handsome or neatly dressed, but I can FAKE polite. Anyway, I don't TRUST anyone who's too clean-cut handsome, neatly dressed and polite. There's always something going on underneath that varnished exterior...

P.P.S. Jealously is an UGLY thing - is it not?

lattégirl said...

I, too, have a double suet cage, but only one package of suet at the moment. Love feeding der fogel. 'Fogel futter' is how one says "bird food" in German.

Laughed at the description of blue jays being BIG PIGS. They are. But they are beautiful pigs.

Jan 25 - Feb 14 : the house is mine. Drive on up, dude.

Kate said...

Yes, and for people it’s essen and for animals it’s fressen. That always made me wonder what you said if a PERSON “ate like a pig” or “ate like a horse,” or, for that matter, “ate like a bird.”

And speaking of eating, here’s an entry of mine that made the number one search term that led to my site “German Ass” for at least two years. I bet people were awfully disappointed when they found, German “Ass” is not Smutty.

I also mentioned the word Mannschaften, which is NOT what it sounds like...

Tschüss,
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage