I've got a new poll down there (look down... waaaaay down...). The infrequent polls I put up are always related to things I'm thinking about or experiencing, and this poll is about dreams.
I wake up most mornings feeling either disgusted, afraid or relieved (the latter usually follows quickly on the heels of the former -- relieved that none of it was real.)
I don't quite know which demons I'm working to exorcise, although I can pinpoint the usual suspects that have followed me all my life; but I can safely say I AM PRETTY SICK OF THEM.
This morning I grumbled my way to the kitchen, getting little unpleasant flashbacks, and rom came out of her room -- as always, at the very moment the coffee is made! Uncanny, isn't she? -- and she sat down and started yapping. After about one minute, I said, "You know, I feel like shit and I don't feel like talking, so I'm going upstairs now." I felt bleary and slightly ill and she LOOKED her usual half-awake-drugged-out self and was talking nonsense about TV shows and trivialities, and that was that for me.
I hope this is not one of my "Oh, shut up!" days -- but it might be.
Anyhoo, go answer the poll and, if you're so inclined, pop in later in the day for what I hope are more scintillating updates of my very important life.
Here is my other addition for today. To remind people that Criss Angel is NOT the only dark-eyed, dark-haired babe out there.
David Usher
And Canadian. We rock.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 Comment:
Can I vote three times? I've been plagued with bad dreams my whole life.
People say I make "moaning" noises in my sleep - I have since I was a kid - if they could get inside my head and see what I dream they would understand - or at least be amazed that I even function at all.
It's part of the reason I go to bed so late, get up so early, and why I wake up so tired.
This wasn't on the poll so I am adding it here.
I ALWAYS have dreams of my teeth crumbling in my mouth and I often wake up frantically running my tongue over my teeth to make sure they are still there!
It's terrifying!
Oh and if anyone talks to ME before I've had coffee, well, let's just say, IT AIN'T PRETTY!
Deej: I know you stay up late, but I always imagined that you also slept longer in the morning to make up for it...
Chunks: I FORGOT ABOUT THE TEETH! I have those disgusting dreams, too. Spitting out a mouthful of broken pieces... gack. I should have remembered to include that in the poll, since it is a frequent dream of mine. Someone once told me what it means, but I forget.
Oh.MyGod. I just finished posting an entry on my blog. Go read it! How weird! Suffice it to say I know EXACTLY how you feel upon waking from those damn dreams!
Re David Usher: Yeah, he's cute, but not Criss Angel HOT! ;) Love his name, though! (My son's name *wink*)
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I also have the teeth dreams. I read once that it means there's something in your life you feel is out of your control. Geez ... in that case I should be dreaming about my teeth every single night! LOL
It seems I dream about what most people voted for. I'd tell you what they are, but you'd think I was some kind of psycho. I'm not. Really.
I'm up at the same time no matter when I go to bed.
I'm not much of a morning person either - I don't like talking to anyone until I have had breakfast.
I recently heard a theory that says our dreams are just us visiting another point in "time." And that when you have de'javu, it's just you "catching up" with that point in time that you've already visited.
I hope that's not true for those of you who spit out broken teeth! EWWWWWW!
The theory Tigger mentions FREAKS ME OUT (in a good way). Being a rabid Star Trek TNG fan, I always liked the episodes involving temporal distortions and anomalies and duplicate realities.
I had an extraordinarily intense déja vu yesterday afternoon -- first one in a long time, so once again, it's funny that Tigger brings it up -- it was so strong I actually sat back in my chair and went "Whoa!" (I seem to say "Whoa!" in astonishment a lot these days.)
So, it seems that dreams are the sorting-out of recent events, subconscious thoughts (info we process but aren't consciously aware of) and, I think, age-old symbols and realities from the dawn of time (or caveman days, as I call it). Whoa. This is deep for only 8:07 a.m.
I did the poll. I dream of people I know (that certainly doesn't specify how well I have to know these people in order to dream of them).
As for the “…theory that says our dreams are just us visiting another point in ‘time’” - NO THANK YOU.
I usually don’t remember my dreams (except for a few horrific moments right when I’m just waking up), but I know that they are anxiety-provoking or sad (lots of people dying, usually) or completely FRIGHTENING and occasionally a weird combination of all the above AND sexual frustration. Fortunately, the sleeping pills help me forget more effectively.
Ironically, I have a dream (hah - not going there in connection with the schlock I'm writing) that’s actually stuck with me for at least fifteen years. I had this dream during a particularly stressful job hunt (that’s probably redundant, as it seems a job hunt is ALWAYS STRESSFUL).
In this dream, I worked at McDonald’s®. Oh yes. And the BEST part was that it was not a nightmare. In the dream I felt extremely competent and satisfied because I knew right where all the buttons on the cash register were and I could process orders SO QUICKLY. I was a McDonald’s® WHIZ.
In terms of the “…visiting another point in ‘time’” concept, what does THAT dream say about my future? I know have a B.Mus. (and in the Arts there’s the constant joke – with foreboding undertones that it’s at least SLIGHTLY prophetic – that one’s future will include the phrase, “Do you want fries with that?”). But MCDONALD’S®?
How’s about one of our festive Holiday Eggnog Shakes?
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage
Is there a McDonald's in your World of Cheese? I'll have a Quarter Pounder with cheese, please! =)
Post a Comment