Saturday, June 02, 2007

Daisies and blueberries

My new neighbour, Sophie, and I went over to the flea market today because she (mistakenly) thought it was open and doing roaring business on Saturdays.

There were precisely four farmers there, half of them selling flowers and plants and the other half selling fruits and vegetables.

So I bought four large daisy plants (two white, two yellow) to begin the process of beautifying my little piece of lawn. Watch out, Mr. Landlord! I'm defying your careful, homogenous landscaping plans! And your wife approves! Even though she tells me you're a grumpy old coot all the time!

And I bought some fruit because it was quite incredibly cheap. I imagine they raise prices on Tuesdays and Sundays, when the market is actually open.

Nice quiet day here at the motel.

5 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I love daisies and adore summer fruit. I could live on watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, peaches, pears, strawberries, etc., etc. in the summer. ;)

Every time I see you referring to your apartment as "the motel" - and I'm sorry, I can't help it - I think of the movie Psycho. LOL The grumpy old coot isn't tall, thin and weird, is he??? hahaha!

lattégirl said...

Leigh: glad to see you back again! Hope you're feeling better... will go and check on you at your place.

I love all summer fruit except pears and peaches. Eck!

The landlord is a trim older man, quite affable by all appearances, but he's NOT NORMAN BATES. lol. And you aren't the first person to imagine I live at the Bates Motel.

Anonymous said...

I never actually saw a flea for sale at one of those.

Jeni said...

Fresh fruit -WOW - love strawberries and blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and yeah, peaches and pears too but the first two above are by far and away my favorites! Wish we still had the strawberry patch my Grandpa had here when I was a kid, along with the raspberry bushes he had planted in the back lot as well. Ah, those were the days, for sure!

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Flowers make everything so much prettier and more 'home-y'.