Lil red
No wonder the bird feeder empties itself within a few hours of my filling it.
Sometimes we get the big black squirrel. Sometimes we get this little dude.
What a pig. He dumps everything out on the ground, then refuses to eat what he dropped.
Now that I have set my mind on moving out, I wonder what kind of place I will be living in. I guess I can't afford an actual house, although I wish I could. I want a yard and a verandah and I want to be able to garden and hang bird feeders.
But I don't know if any of that will be possible. I might end up in some 2nd floor apartment with a balcony. At the very least I must have a balcony. I do like to grow herbs and tomatoes.
And now I have a question for you: would you rescue your furniture from storage if it meant paying $2,000 for it... or would you bite the bullet and let it go, start fresh with a clean slate?
I am torn.



7 Comment:
Hmmmm ... I guess it would depend on what all I was going to buy. I mean, if what I needed to buy was cheaper than what I'd have to pay to get the old stuff out of storage, I'd definitely go new. But then, knowing myself as I do? I'd go new anyway. Screw the money! I like new stuff!! lol
How much furniture and are you attached to it? Is it worth more than $2000? Save it if you like it but I also think starting anew is always welcome too!
I grew up living on the edge of a ravine where there were always racoons, skunks, birds, abandoned cats and dogs and miles of squirrels and other rodents. I don't think we ever put out a bird feeder but various neighbours tried. The squirrels got them every time, no matter what they did or however much they spent on foolproof birdfeeders. Nothing was squirrel proof.
Once I went to Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I don't know if you have ever been up here at all but Stanley Park is a huge park in the city. Not a lot of wildlife but for creatures who can survive by eating anything, like squirrels. Having grown up being told squirrels were public enemy #1 and rabid on top just in case some kid was too dumb to listen, I was really freaked out by the squirrels in that park. They came right up to you, everyone, not just me. Some woman said she encourages them to climb on her and eat from her hand. Ick!! I was stomping my feet, throwing stones, everything I could think of to keep those damned rodents from bugging me. They had no fear at all. I nearly left cause they just didn't get it that I did not want them crawling up on me. I will never forget that. It's the only time in my life I've been afraid of a squirrel cause they did not run away no matter what I did to scare them off.
Having made that previous embarrassingly gigantic comment... could you tell me about the Blogger Book Club? I'm a member of the Toronto Bookcrossers. We meet once a month but they don't seem to exchange paperbacks unless they are heavy literary reading. I think they read them all at home, in secret but don't want to let anyone know. I'd love to have people to trade with cause I read a lot of useless fiction. Very little literature.
how much would you spend on new stuff? You'd have to weight the choice of paying for older used stuff vs. buying limited new stuff.
Will the storage place chase you for payment? If so, it might be prudent to solve that instead of having to do both options at some point down the road.
Laura, I am so pleased to find someone who admits that paperbacks are so frowned upon... and that you read useless fiction. LOL!
The book club is new -- not even officially off the ground yet, although cassie-b is sending me a hardcover book ("real" reading) and I have a couple of piles of useless fiction.
I am trying to keep everyone's info as confidential as possible -- I don't think anyone feels comfortable leaving their home address on a blog... so I will do what I've been doing so far, which is swapping home addys via email. (As you can see, I don't even post my own email address on my blog... paranoid? Possibly!)
So I will be by to visit you shortly.
My furniture is old and not potentially worth much except in the sentimental way.
I am sorely tempted to just walk away from it and start new (and keep things minimal... I hate clutter)
And pmg, no they will not chase me, but they WILL sell the stuff for whatever they can get. End of story.
Post a Comment